- The submission deadline is 11:59 PM EST, Sunday, December 1, 2019.
- All proposals are to be submitted online at elsicon2020.exordo.com.
- Please create and save a log-in to elsicon2020.exordo.com in order to submit, revise, or withdraw your submission, and to register for the conference.
- Two-presentation rule: Individuals may present no more than two times during the congress. This does not include “non-speaking” co-authors on proposals.
- Presenters will be required to complete a registration form, pay the registration fee for the whole meeting, and cover all travel and personal expenses.
- All accepted presenters and co-authors will be required to complete financial disclosure forms.
- A limited number of travel awards will be granted to trainees with accepted proposals (see details below).
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Submission at elsicon2020.exordo.com
After logging in to elsicon2020.exordo.com, you will be asked for the following:
- Name of person submitting the proposal, with credentials; discipline or field; academic level (trainee, junior, mid-career, or senior); institution name; city and state; email address; and phone number
- Title of proposal
- For proposals with multiple presenters and/or co-authors, include the following information for each individual: name with credentials; discipline or field; academic level (trainee, junior, mid-career, or senior); institution name; city and state; email address; and phone number and role (presenter or co-author)
- Abstract: describe the content of your presentation or nature of your study (not to exceed 250 words)
- From the dropdown menu, select preferred format (workshop, panel, paper, flash or poster presentation)
- From the dropdown menu, choose your topic area (up to 3 areas can be chosen for each abstract)
- Provide up to 3 keywords representing your content
- Program workshop (90 minutes)
Program workshops are designed for instruction and interaction. Presenters engage and involve the members of the audience for a significant portion of the session in small group activities, breakouts, role play, audience feedback, or discussion of cases or other content, design of materials and models, and similar forms of interaction. Workshops are limited to a maximum of 4 presenters, including the chair.
- Panel session (90 minutes)
The ideal panel session compares and contrasts a variety of perspectives on a cohesive theme or includes presentations that are cross-disciplinary and build on one another. Panels are limited to a maximum of 4 presenters, including one designated as moderator.
- Individual paper session (90 minutes)
Each presenter (of 4 for each session) will have 15 minutes to present a work-in-progress or recently published paper followed by 30 minutes for questions from the audience.
- Flash presentation (90 minutes)
Each of 12 presenters will have 5 minutes to present 3 slides on recent or proposed work.
Posters should demonstrate or explain a concept or present data from a research project.
Review and Notification
- Only complete, online submissions will be reviewed
- The program committee may accept some proposals in a different format, e.g., a proposal submitted as an individual presentation may be accepted as a flash presentation or a poster
- You will receive notification of your proposal's status by February 1, 2020
Travel Award Applications
- Travel Awards will be granted to selected trainees with accepted proposals (including posters). Awards will cover registration costs and provide a travel allowance up to a total of $1000
- To apply, please email email@example.com and attach:
- Your CV
- A statement of career objectives (not to exceed 250 words)
- A letter of support, including confirmation of trainee status and statement of need, from your mentor
- Applications are due at the time of proposal submission on December 1, 2019
- Notification of travel awards will be sent out by February 1, 2020